Please Note: Due to current legislation 'The Regulations relating to foodstuffs for Infants and Young Children' we cannot give information in this platform on feeding your expressed breast milk to your baby. Please make an appointment to discuss with your lactation consultant, clinic sister, doctor or contact us for more information.
Calma – close to breastfeeding
The Medela Calma is designed exclusively as an alternative to breastfeeding for mums wishing to feed their babies with breast milk. It was developed in cooperation with breastfeeding experts from the Hartmann Human Lactation Research Group at the University of Western Australia. Calma allows your baby to suck, swallow and breathe just as they learned on the breast:
- your baby can drink, pause and breathe in a natural rhythm, remaining calm and settled, just like on the breast
- your baby needs to create a vacuum to start the milk flow, just like they do while breastfeeding
- your baby can maintain their natural sucking behaviour, allowing an easy transition from breast to Calma and back to breast again
Benefits of using Calma
Calma’s flow, shape and length are designed to suit your baby's needs as your baby grows.
Calma teats help the baby to avoid swallowing air during the feed, as they are regulated by a unique venting system.
Made in Switzerland, from BPA-free materials.
- Allows natural switching between breast and bottle
- One size and shape fits all
- Safe drinking – the baby does not swallow air during the feed
- BPA free and Swiss made – safe for you and your baby